Saturday, July 2, 2011

Getting Bigger

Gabriel had his 1 year old appointment last week and he weighed in at 15lbs 7 oz, 26 inches long, and a head circumference of 17 inches. He is growing slowly but surely. He is still working on the crawling and bless his little heart he wants to walk so bad. He tries to stand up, but just doesn't have the upper body strength to to do. We are having to be more aware of what he is doing and where he is. I have been working on getting this place cleaned up. His toys just keep ending up thrown all over the place.

Gabriel has started to make a game of chase while getting his diaper changed. He is rolling all around and doing his commando crawl to get away away from me with a bare bottom. It is so adorable. I am especially loving it when he is on my lap and I ask for a kiss he pulls himself up and plants a huge one on me. He isn't always in a sharing mood though. I guess I have to earn it first.

 We have started to let him cry it out on the advice of his therapist. I started on Wednesday night by reading to him from his bible and a couple of other books, saying our prayers, and then putting him in the crib. He cried for 30 minutes off and on the first night, 10 minutes the second, 5 minutes the third, and finally tonight he only gave a few cries tonight. I think I got lucky tonight because he was really exhausted. We went shopping for phones with daddy and then he and I went to Tuesday Morning. Then Mellie and Eduardo came by and played with him, took us on a walk with them and the dogs, gave him a bath, and then played some more. I was wiped too.

He does love all the gifts he got for his birthday. I already have the songs from two of the toys stuck in my head. He is a very lucky little boy to have such good and caring people in his life. Every day seems to be an adventure with him. I know there was more to talk about, but now I can't remember because Manuel started to talk to me. If you know me, you would not be surprised that I lost my train of thought.

Trying out hats while Bday party shopping

Hanging with grandpa at Cracker Barrell

Why spend money on toys when he is happy with a water bottle

I went to answer my phone and this is what I found when I came back

Eating lasagne
Daddy was happy to see this

Standing up when he is not supposed to. This is his she caught me face.

Me and daddy


I think he realized what he is wearing


Playing with his learning ball, which he loves by the way


We had to lower his beds

He is amazed that this dog says his name


Take that Dale!

He always has this with him

He is making a run for it



Trying to get away

Waiting for Tia Mellie to give him his bath
 
He was moving to the Zumba music

No comments: