Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Birthday my Love!

Well it was Gabriel's first birthday today. It was exactly one year and 16 minutes ago when I gave birth to my amazing little boy. I cannot believe that a whole year has gone by. We never thought we would get out of the hospital. I can still remember what it felt like that first day. He has been a lot of work, but a lot of fun too. I am so lucky to have the family that I do. Gabriel has been through a lot in his first year of life, but it has not all been bad. He is the happiest baby I know. I am so happy about that, well unless you are grabbing his hands, near his nose, eyes, or his ears. He will let you know those areas are off limits. We could not have made it through the last year if it had not been for our family, friends, and all of the NICU staff.
His very first photo right after he was born



Mommy and Daddy meeting our son

We had his first birthday party at Kiddie Park, which is an amusement park for kids, and it was a scorcher of a day. It was 107 degrees, but we had a great time. The cupcakes and cake were not able to take the heat, they melted. Poor Mellie kept trying to move the cupcakes every time the sun moved. Note to self: Eat the cupcakes/cake first.

We cannot even begin to express how thankful we are to everyone that showed up. We are truly blessed with the best family and friends. Gabriel loves all of his toys. Sebastian and Noah have thoroughly tested out each and every toy to make sure is was durable and safe. Gabriel may not realize it, but he had the best birthday ever.















No comments: