Saturday, July 24, 2010

Poor Me

Well things with Gabriel have pretty much been the same in the last couple of days. He is still having problems keeping an IV line in. They keep having to switch between his head, feet, and hands because his poor little veins are just not big enough. I unfortunately got an infection and cannot see him for 48 to 72 hours, so I am here at home sleeping. If I feel up to it I might try to get the dishes and dusting done. So, I will have to rely on Manuel to tell me everything that is going on with Gabriel and you know how men are with details. I did call Manuel while he was doing kangaroo care (when we hold him on our chest skin to skin) and he held the phone up to Gabriel so he could hear me talk. This is going to be so hard, but it keeps him, the other babies, and the staff from getting sick so it is the best thing.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Tough stuff my friend, tough stuff. Monday will be here before you know it.