Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Baby

My son is a very happy baby. I love that anytime we are out, people come up to us to tell us how happy he is. Manuel was changing Gabriel in the bathroom at HEB and a man came up to him and said "I have been doing this for 41 years , and that is one happy baby. Keep doing whatever it is you are doing." I love that after everything he has been through, he is so happy.


It has been a very busy month for us. I just finished three summer school classes. I do not know what I was thinking when I did that. I did really good, so it's ok. Gabriel was very good about letting me get my work done. I really do not have much to complain about with him. He is a very good kid, unless he is trying to get up the stairs or unroll the toilet paper. He also decided that the laundry was meant to be thrown and not folded. He does listen very well.

He is crawling around like a pro now, and his speed depends on whether you have food or not. He has decided that anytime we have food, it is for him. We are trying to sit down at the table and serve him separate food from us because I do not want him trying to take food off of other people's plates. Table manners are not easy to teach, but we are working on it.

Gabriel is starting to clap, talk (he says mom, and I love it), climb the stairs, and walk along the furniture. Ever since he figured out he can crawl, he stopped wanting to watch. He loves dogs, especially when they bark. We have developed a good bedtime routine and we read three stories a night. We read three stories from his bible, God knows all about me, and then one of his other books. It is so cute because sometimes he will actually just sit there and listen. He likes to look at the books too. When the last story is done he will close the book. Last night he kept closing the book on Daddy, I think he was ready for sleep. It was pretty funny.

He has been spending a lot of time with his cousin Isabella, and I love it. I really want him to be close to his cousin's like I am. He went into the pool for the first time. He liked it until I dipped him in the water. We are getting ready to go spend a week and a half in Spring with Sarah and the boys. I am very excited about it. Sebastian is ready to play with Gabriel. He tells him that he wants to come to San Antonio to hug him. It is very sweet. A lot has happened, but I will let the pictures and video speak for themselves.







Making a mess at Fudruckers
Tearing up the blinds


Trying to get the glasses off the table


Playing with Isabella

Hanging with Uncle Andy at Renee's party

He sleep with his bottom in the air

Every day he bangs on the window and talks to the dogs

Hanging with Mellie, Miriam, and Isabella




First time at Crawdaddy's

Gabriel and Daddy being silly


He thinks he is a parrot









His Godfather Ray reading him bedtime stories

Erin's turn


Making a mess while I am trying to clean

I look up and this is what I find

My silly boy

First time in the tunnel

Climbing on stuff again


He is so interested in how things work







Helping Daddy with his lunch


This is how laundry is done when you have a two story and a baby


He looks nad, but he is just tired

He falls asleep everytime he gets in his swing






Helping Daddy fix the chair


Playing with cousins



No comments: