Monday, November 29, 2010

Vision is complicated

Well Gabriel's first Thanksgiving was nice. We stayed home, ate, and enjoyed some company. Grandma and Grandpa Angel came for dinner along with Cynthia. We had a nice quiet day and Gabriel got to try out his high chair.



We also had a visit from his Great Grandparents, Uncle Isaac, and Tia Patti this week. I am so happy that he is able to meet my Grandma and Papo Valencia. It means a lot that they made time to visit.



We did not go black friday shopping, but hit some of the sales on Saturday while Granma Angel and Auntie Cynhtia got to hang out with Gabriel. It was really nice to get out of the house with Manuel. We were given a nice present of a clean baby and clean house when we got home. I am so lucky to have found such a great family to be a part of. They help me so much much with Gabriel and I am so grateful for that.


We went for Gabriel's follow up appointment with the eye doctor and so far everything looks good. I asked him if he thought Gabriel's vision would be fine, and he responded with " vision is complicated". I guess we will just have to watch and see what happens as he gets older.

Manuel took Gabriel to the Pediatrician's office, while I was stuck at the DMV trying to renew my expired license, to get his opinion on a few things. Gabriel has not had many bowel movements, is not eating as much, sleeps all the time, and is very fussy since the surgery. Dr. Lantry said it was the anesthesia that was causing the constipation and his reflux flared up because of the surgery. Prior to the surgery he had started staying awake and alert for several hours and that is a result of the eye medication. We are supposed to wean off them by Wednesday. He weighed in at 8lbs 9 oz today and I could not be happier. He fits really good in newborn size clothes, so naturally I was very excited when I found jeans he could wear. When it gets cool I found him a denim jacket, I can't wait for him to wear it. We just need to get to 14lbs before we can start with the cereal. We are very happy with our baby and are very Thankful to have him in our lives. He makes me smile just thinking about him.





No comments: