Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Doctors Appointments

I am not a morning person and of course Gabriel's doctors appointments are first thing in the morning. We went to see his surgeon yesterday to follow up with his hernia and Dr. Kidd said it might heal by his first birthday, if not he may have to have surgery to repair it. We also saw his pulmonologist Dr. Kiercher and I really like him. He said Gabriel looks good and put him on a nasal steroid. He had us gets an ultrasound to make sure his heart murmur had closed and it did. Dr. Kenton Gabriel neonatologist from the hospital called us with the results, he is a great doctor and I love that he still follows up with him. We could not have asked for better care.

He did weigh in at 6lbs 11 oz and 18 inches, I could not be more excited. He is still in between sizes, preemie fit his arms and legs and newborn fit his torso. I tried to put him in some pants, but they were a little too long, maybe later. We are still having problems with his reflux, but the prevacid Dr. Lantry put him on has made a huge difference.

It was so nice to have a visit from Grandma and Grandpa on Monday. I was able to eat, shower, and run to blockbuster. It was so nice to get out for something other than the doctor. When I came home all three of them were on the couch watching tv, and Grandma gave me the gifts of doing the dishes. When Grandpa would talk to him, he would turn his head and look at him. He is starting to stay awake longer and he is starting to respond to things. I bought him a little eistein toy that lights up when it plays the music and he will watch the lights and smile. He is a very smiley baby and I love when he smiles when I talk to him.




No comments: