Monday, October 4, 2010

Bath Time

On Saturday when Manuel and I were giving Gabriel his bath I got a treat, he managed to poop, pee, and spit up. It was crazy things were coming out of every hole. After we had all joked that all he needed to do was sneeze on me, he did. I have definitely been inducted to mommy hood, Today he spit his milk right in my face, my glasses caught most of it thank goodness.






He is already showing his personality and he is totally my child. He has to be held a certain way, wants his back patted, he usually always has his tongue sticking out, and likes to nuzzle into my throat which makes it hard to swallow. One nice thing is when he is in a good mood he has no problem lifting his legs for a diaper change. He is also starting to hold his head up for about a minute at a time. I worked with the Occupational therapist this past week and they told me he was their star student, he is so great to work with, how much they liked his clothes (Thank you Mom, Derek, and Shanon), and how great he is progressing. I was eating it up and so proud of my little man, I just wanted them to keep telling me more and more good stuff.


He is now moving a long at a very slow pace, we are on his time now. We have to just wait until he is ready and matured enough to take the steps in getting out the hospital. He is a little egg waiting to be hatched. It is a little frustrating watching all the babies around us go home. I am hoping for only two more weeks, and I am not sure if I can even do that. This is definitely teaching me some patience, and I emphasize some, I have also been able to  learn a lot about how to take care of a child from the best source. I am so glad to have the nurses that we do to make the experience more enjoyable and easy. Thanks Guys

No comments: