Friday, August 20, 2010

Well, we were so excited when Gabriel hit 3 lbs  two nights ago, but he has since dropped to 2 lbs 15 oz.  He has also developed VRE, Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus, which is something that developed from receiving to much of the antibiotic Vancomycin. He has since been moved into an isolation room with the other baby that tested positive. It is a tight fit, but we are all making it work. I am just happy that the other family is very nice.

Gabriel has started sleeping more and we are hoping that he is just taking the time to grow a little. He has been smiling and what looks like laughing a lot more lately, he is just the cutest baby I have ever seen. Manuel and I could not be happier. We cannot wait until he comes home. We are always fighting over who gets to change his diaper and who gets to hold him, when he comes home we will fight over who has to do it.

We have met the greatest couple who have twins in the NICU as well, and it has been so therapeutic to have someone to talk to that understands what we are going through. I have so much fun with them and laugh a lot. They have been a God send.

I am also so very grateful for my family who came into town to help with stuff around the house so we didn't have to stress over slpitting our time between the hospital and the house. My sister who gives Bob Vila a run for his money, installed Gabriel's new ceiling fan and finished decorating his room. She also got our guest bedroom painted and started the painting in our bedroom. My mother also cooked us several meals to make sure we had good food  to eat instead of cereal and sandwiches. I had such a great time visiting with my nephews Noah and Sebastian, they always make my heart smile.

I have been blessed with great family and friends. We have been given so many things for Gabriel, and I will have the thank you cards done before his first birthday I swear, and I know he will be so happy to know how many people care about him.

Thank you everyone!

No comments: